Have some brews and listen to the Good News!
Holy Angels presents Theology on Tap, featuring engaging topics on popular issues and fellowship for young adults and business professionals. We will meet on the third Wednesday of each month. Our next session will be on January 17th. At Wings Etc Grill and Pub of Sturgis, MI. The topic will be“Jack Kerouac, Hippies, Drugs, and Other Catholic Things.” In this occasionally irreverent lecture, Eric Scheske will explore the religious sources of the 1960s. Warning: PG-13 content (we are, after all, talking about the 1960s).” Everyone is welcome. Order your food and drink by 6:30pm, talk begins at 7pm, and Q&A following.
If you missed any of the previous talks here they are:
Our guest speaker, Eric Scheske, is a local attorney and has a captivating history in writing, teaching, and speaking on Catholic topics. Here are some of his credentials:
- Is a member of the Catholic Media Group’s Speaker’s Bureau: http://www.cmgbooking.com/catholic-speakers/eric-scheske
- Former Editor of Gilbert, The Magazine of G.K. Chesterton
- Former columnist for National Catholic Register
- Published articles for more than a dozen publications, including the Columbia Magazine, Touchstone, The Catholic Faith, Homiletic and Pastoral Review, Our Sunday Visitor, New Covenant, Lay Witness, Detroit Free Press, and Detroit News.
- Recipient of The John Paul II Memorial Splendor of Truth Award (awarded by the Lansing Catholic Lawyer’s Guild).
- Speaker at two Kalamazoo Diocese Donovan lectures
- Speaker at the Kalamazoo Diocese Red Mass for lawyers
- Speaker at G.K. Chesterton Conference in Minneapolis
- Speaker at Catholic Business Guild of Fresno, California